I am a trucker who has sustained whiplash, back injuries and knee damage due to mechanical failure of the vehicle I drive. Can I make a claim, and how will it affect my entitlements eg, super etc that my company currently pay?
You suffered an injury, caused by a defective motor vehicle, while you were working. This means that you are entitled to make a claim for compensation as well as work place accident compensation.
Walker Law Group Compensation Lawyers are experts in advising people who have been injured in road and traffic accidents whilst working, or travelling to and from work on your entitlements to compensation, under the New South Wales Road and Traffic Compensation Scheme and Workcover Compensation Scheme.
Even though you may be entitled to make a claim under the Road and Traffic Compensation Scheme and Workcover Compensation Scheme, making a claim under one of these schemes may disentitle you to make a later claim under the other scheme. This is why it is important that you obtain expert legal advice as soon as possible, to ensure that any claim you make for compensation is under the appropriate scheme for your circumstances and will afford you the greatest benefit.
If you make a claim under the Road and Traffic Compensation Scheme you may be entitled to the following compensation, depending on the severity of your injury:
- Payment of your medical and rehabilitation expenses incurred as a result of the accident.
- Payment of your past and future lost earnings resulting from your accident including compensation for any loss of superannuation entitlements that you would have received except for your injury.
- Lump sum payments for care.
- Lump sum payments payment for non-economic loss i.e. pain and suffering.
If you make a claim under the Workcover scheme you may be entitled to the following compensation, depending on the severity of your injury:
- Payment of your medical and rehabilitation expenses.
- Weekly payments.
- Lump sum payments if you have suffered a whole person impairment as a result of your injury.
The complexity involved in assessing the possible compensation available to you under the Road and Traffic Compensation Scheme and the Workcover Scheme is why it is so important to receive legal advice from Walker Law Group Compensation Lawyers.
To get the best advice on your claim for compensation you need to see Walker Law Group Compensation Lawyers, fully Accredited Personal Injury Law Specialists and experts in their field.
Call on 1300 363 013 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your claim for compensation. No Win No Fee Compensation Lawyers Sydney