Compensation Lawyer Sydney Steve Walker Law Firm

Slips & Falls in A licensed Premises, Can I Make a Claim? 

I slipped in a club where a drink had been spilt and broke my wrist – I have had surgery and now have pins in my wrists, can I make a claim against the club for slip & fall compensation?

Can Walker Law Group Compensation Lawyers help me?

Yes, you are able to make a claim against the nightclub for compensation for your personal injury under the New South Wales Civil Liability Act.

Your claim for slip & fall compensation for your personal injury will be based on the negligence of the Club in failing to exercise reasonable care and skill against a foreseeable risk of harm.

To be successful in your claim it is necessary to prove that the Club was negligent in failing to take precautions against the risk of you being injured and that:

The risk of you being harmed was reasonable which means that the risk of you slipping in the club was a risk that the club knew or ought to have known; and
The risk of harm was a significant risk; and
In the circumstances, a reasonable person in the club’s position would have taken precautions against the risk.

It is important that you obtain legal advice as soon as possible, so that evidence supporting how your injury occurred can be gathered. This could include witness statements, photographs of the area where you slipped, showing what made you slip as well as any necessary expert reports, to show that the risk of you slipping in the club was foreseeable. The stronger your evidence on how the injury occurred the stronger your chances of success in making a claim for compensation.

The expert personal injury lawyers at Walker Law Group can help you to make a claim for compensation for your injury and will work tirelessly to ensure that your claim has the utmost chance of success. Our personal injury lawyers practice only in the area of personal injury.

We are confident in our personal injury legal expertise, which is why we operate on a “No Win No Fee” policy. This means that we will handle your claim for compensation and you will only have to pay our legal fees if the claim is successful.

The following compensation is available under the Civil Liability Act:

  • Damages for non-economic loss (pain and suffering);
  • Damages for economic loss which includes damages for past or future loss of earnings;
  • Damages for attendant care services;
  • Damages if you have lost your capacity to provide domestic services.

We act for clients in Sydney as well as travelling to country areas to assist people suffering from a personal injury. We can access your entitlement to compensation and get your compensation case started.

Walker Law Group Compensation Lawyers have offices in Sydney, Manly & Peakhurst.

Call us to today on 1300 363 013 or email or to discuss your slip & fall, personal injury compensation claim and your entitlement to compensation as soon as possible.