NSW Personal Injury Compensation – IRO Seminar 2021
Independent Review Office Sydney Seminar 2021 | NSW Personal Injury Compensation – a system in transformation
Last week, Walker Law Group attended the annual IRO Seminar, NSW Personal Injury 2021 – A System in Transformation.
IRO (Independent Review Office) always put on an excellent conference. Attended by key staff from Walker Law Group, it’s a great opportunity to keep abreast of movements in the industry and hear from key players.
The IRO Seminar – now in its eighth year – provides excellent networking opportunities for delegates, and topics of interest to all stakeholders including lawyers, insurers, insurance brokers, employers, rehabilitation providers and government agencies.
The full program complies with Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements, which means Walker Law Group are continually keeping up to date.
The picture here is Olivia Mallon and Kevin Sawers along with senior IRO staff Roshana May and Jeff Gabriel.
Notable Speakers and topics included-
- The Honourable Victor Dominello MP, Minister for Customer Service
- The Honourable Judge Gerard Phillips, President, Personal Injury Commission
- Richard Harding, CEO, icare
- Dr Petrina Casey, Acting Executive Director, Motor Accident Insurance Regulation, State Insurance Regulatory Authority
- Andrew Stone SC, Sir James Martin Chambers
- David Shoebridge MLC, Committee Member, Standing Committee on Law and Justice
- Complex regional pain syndrome and consideration of pain in impairment assessment Assoc Prof Michael Fearnside, Neurosurgeon
- Substantive law update on the MAI and recent Supreme Court decisions Jnana Gumbert, Barrister, Jack Shand Chambers
- Key issues arising from IRO complaints Jeffrey Gabriel, Director Solutions, IRO
- Substantive law update on Workers Compensation recent decisions Michelle Riordan, Manager Legal Education, IRO
- Simon Cohen, IRO