Public Liability Claims
Public liability is the duty of care owed by a business, organisation or occupier to ensure that members of the general public do not suffer injury or loss as a result of their negligence or fault.
Accidents that raise the issue of public liability include the following examples:-
- You are in the bank and on your way out you trip on a broken step and are injured.
- You are doing your grocery shopping and slip in the frozen food section where milk had been spilt on the floor and not cleaned up.
- You buy a new coffee machine and discover it is faulty when you burn yourself making a coffee.
- You are walking the dog and trip over a tree root protruding through the footpath and suffer an injury.
If you are injured in a public place and suffer an injury or a financial loss then you may be entitled to make a claim for compensation. The area of law surrounding public liability is complex and hinges on showing that your injury was the result of negligence. Our expert team of lawyers and solicitors are old hands at advising and assisting our clients to obtain compensation for their injuries as a result of an accident in a public place.
Public Liability Compensation can include the following:
- Payment of your medical and rehabilitation expenses;
- Payment of your past economic loss including loss of income while you recover from your injury.
- Payment of future economic loss if your injuries will have a long-term effect on your working life.
- Payment of non-economic loss such as compensation for pain and suffering arising from your accident.
At Walker Law Group we act with knowledge and expertise to help people injured in public accidents or those who have lost loved ones in accidents in public places.
Steve Walker is the founder of Walker Law Group. Steve is an Accredited Personal Injury Lawyer. Steve has vast experience in dealing with insurance claims. Steve knows how insurance companies think and work: he uses this knowledge to develop individualised tactics to get fast, just results in your case.
Call our Public Liability Lawyers today on 1300 363 013 or email email@example.com to discuss your public liability claim as soon as possible.