How do you find the best compensation claims lawyer?
Choosing the right Personal Injury lawyer for you
As with any profession, there are so many offerings and options when it comes to lawyers. Finding the right lawyer, however, that specialises solely on Personal Injury or Compensation Claims only is the key to ensuring that your matter is dealt with in an efficient and experienced manner – giving you the best possible chance to maximise your compensation.
When we have a legal matter, we need to feel confident that we engage with the best possible legal representation. Just because your family lawyer helped you with your Divorce, does not mean they understand how to defend you in a Public Liability case.
So how do you choose the right claims lawyer for you and your case?
To start with, it is imperative that you select a lawyer who specialises in the field directly relating to your matter. If you need a will, go to an Estate Planning lawyer. If you have suffered an injury (physical or psychological) as a result of an employer, workplace or public place, you need to see a Compensation / Personal Injury Lawyer.
If you know a solicitor, practising in another area, and you have been happy with their services, ask them to recommend a lawyer specialising in the area you need. But remember, the recommendation may be based on legal reputation or a reciprocal referral program, and may not be factoring location, availability, fees or suitability to your specific case.
Recommendations from family and friends may also be beneficial.
Check for any recognised memberships or Accreditations
Check for lawyers with specialist accreditations and memberships in the area of law that you need.
Most specialities within law have dedicated accreditation programs or membership groups.
Steve Walker, from Walker Law Group, for example, is an Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury Law through the Law Society of New South Wales. Walker Law Group are also WIRO Approved Lawyers which means that you have nothing to lose and nothing to pay.
WIRO (Workers Compensation Independent Review Office) grant funding for legal assistance for lawyers representing injured workers pursuing Workers Compensation claims. Generally speaking, funding is granted where it can be made out that the worker has some prospects of success with respect to the claim. WIRO will grant funding in regards to the preliminary investigation of lump sum entitlements or in regards to challenging decisions or liability decisions made by insurance companies.
You can even search membership organisation directories for a local lawyer.
Consider the law firms qualifications & experience
You should always check whether a lawyer has relevant qualifications and experience.
How long have they been practising in total and in their area of expertise?
Most lawyers will be upfront and promote this on their website, check the firms About Us section for this kind of information.
Arrange for an initial consultation
It’s a good idea to have an initial consultation with a lawyer to find out more about their services.
Many lawyers such as Walker Law Group will offer a free case assessment. Check if this is available with the lawyer you have in mind.
While you shouldn’t make a decision based on cost alone, you should consider what costs are involved.
You may want to ask these questions:
- Will I be charged for an initial consultation?
- How do you cost your services? Is it an hourly rate or flat fee?
- If it’s an hourly rate, are you able to provide an estimate of costs?
- What do those costs include?
- What is out of scope for those costs?
- What could impact my overall costs?
- Will I be advised if costs go out of scope?
- When will I be billed?
NOTE:- If you choose Walker Law Group for your Workers Compensation matter there are NO COSTS, as they are funded by WIRO.
We are a No Win No Fee Law firm.
Why Walker Law Group?
- We are the leading law firm in NSW Workers Compensation and Personal Injury with matters being filed through the Workers Compensation Commission. We are an active law firm whose sole purpose is to get the best result we can for our client. We do not sit on your case for years, as seen through the most recent results we are driven and receive great results in a timely manner.
- We are getting results for people and have done so for over 30 years with renowned determination and skill.
- In relation to arranging an initial consultation, most of our clients are not locals and are sometimes put off by our location. If we could mention that you do not need to book a conference in order for us to get started on your matter. All it takes is a teleconference with Steve and we can commence work the same day, it is an easy and seamless process.
- WIRO (Workers Compensation Independent Review Office) grant funding for legal assistance for lawyers representing injured workers pursuing Workers Compensation claims. WIRO will also reimburse the lawyers costs for disbursements meaning you are never out of pocket. Generally speaking, funding is granted where it can be made out that the worker has some prospects of success with respect to the claim. WIRO will grant funding in regards to the preliminary investigation of a workers compensation claim which means lodging a claim if your employer has not done so. It also grants funding in relation to lump sum entitlements or in regards to challenging decisions or liability decisions made by insurance companies. If you have already received lump sum in relation to an injury in the past and you believe your injuries have worsened and or you need further treatment such as surgery WIRO will also grant funding for us to investigate your matter. You may be entitled to further lump sum.
- WIRO ranks practitioners with statistics and have advised us that our results are OUTSTANDING.
Every case is unique and we have the expertise to help navigate any complexities that exist or could arise.
Contact Walker Law Group today, and let us help you.