Accidents with Unregistered Vehicles

Steve Walker

In NSW, if you are involved in a road and traffic accident that was the fault of an unregistered vehicle you are entitled to make a claim for compensation. In New South Wales all motor vehicles are required to be registered. Registration ensures that all motor vehicles on the road are covered for Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurance in the event that they are involved in a road and traffic incident. If a motor vehicle is not registered than the CTP insurance on the vehicle is not valid. The fact that an unregistered vehicle is uninsured means that a lot of people assume that if they are injured in a motor vehicle accident involving an unregistered vehicle than they will not be eligible to receive compensation for their injuries. Walker Law Group has assisted a large number of clients to receive compensation when involved in a road and traffic incident with an unregistered vehicle.

If the at fault vehicle is unregistered, then the claim for compensation is made on the Nominal Defendant. The Nominal Defendant just means that the claim is allocated to an insurer under the NSW scheme. Claims for compensation made to the Nominal Defendant are handled the same as any other motor vehicle accident compensation claim. This means that, if you are injured in a road
and traffic incident with an unregistered vehicle, depending on the circumstances of the accident and the extent of your injuries, you may be entitled to claim compensation for:

- Medical and rehabilitation expenses.
- Weekly wage payments.
- Funeral expenses.
- Compensation to relatives.
- Damages for loss of earnings.
- Damages for pain and suffering endured.

Walker Law Group has the expertise to handle your claim for compensation for a motor vehicle accident and the knowledge to ensure that any problems encountered in relation to your claim are handled professionally and quickly.

At Walker Law Group, we are able to act for client’s injured in motor vehicle accident on a no win no fee basis. Call us today for a free initial consult to discuss the circumstances of your accident so that you can feel more informed about your entitlement to claim compensation for your injuries.

Download Article PDF

— Featured Articles —

Journey Claims on Workers Compensation

Under the NSW workers compensation legislation, a journey claim refers to injuries...

Accidents with Unregistered Vehicles

If you are involved in a road and traffic accident that was the fault

SIRA’s TMF Review: Findings on IMPs

Recently the State Insurance Regulatory Authority (SIRA) have completed a review into the Treasury

Schedule a Consultation Today

Our experienced team of lawyers is ready to assist you with your legal needs. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and discuss your case.